This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for sandblasting and the application of all paint to the finished product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work instructions are carried out.
- Identify potential safety hazards.
- Prep and mask units prior to sandblasting.
- Select or mix the appropriate paint.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Inspect surfaces for contamination prior to coating.
- Trouble shoot and maintain all paint, foaming and sandblast equipment.
- Responsible to track paint supply inventory.
Skills and Abilities
- Dedicated team player
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- 2 to 5 years previous painting experience on oilfield processing equipment
- Experience with different coating solutions.
- Internal coating experience is an asset
- Previous foaming experience is required.
- Forklift training and experience is an asset.
- Group Extended Health Care, Dental and Disability Benefits
- Four day work week, Monday to Thursday
- Overtime pay after 40 hours a week
- Vacation is accrued for paid time off
- Company events and social club
- Safety First workplace