Responsibilities include preparation of fabrication drawings and programing files for various shop machines. Experience in structural steel, pressure vessels, pressure piping and oilfield production equipment is an asset. The preferred candidate will have a diploma in drafting technology from a technical institute and/or at least two years of relevant work experience using Solid Works or similar 3D drafting software. Responsibilities:
- Work with the Drafting Staff, Project Coordinators and Shop Leads to develop drawings and provide technical support, if required, during the building process.
- Ensure project scope, specifications, drawing and designs are in accordance with applicable codes and standards
- Working in Solid Works preparing fabrication drawings from completed models. Modelling experience is an asset, willing train the right candidate.
- Prepare files in FASTCAM and PROCAM.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient and experienced in the use of Solid Works Weldments, Assemblies, Routing and PDM as well as related Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with FASTCAM and PROCAM is an asset.
- Knowledgeable in ASME Section VIII Div 1 vessels, B31.3 piping, API 12F tank and structural drawings
- Proven ability to provide high quality drawings on a timely basis is essential
- Dedicated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who will excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Diploma in Engineering Design & Drafting technology from a recognized Technical Institute/College; and/or
- Relevant Experience in design/drafting equipment related to the Oil and Gas Industry.