This position reports directly to the Quality Manager and is responsible to ensure that finished products meets NWP’s Quality Control Standards as well as applicable codes, standards and customer specifications.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Possess a Welding Engineering Tech Diploma or B-Pressure ticket or equivalent experience in quality control area
- a working knowledge of applicable codes and standards, B31:3
- NDE procedures and requirements
- Testing procedures (i.e. Pneumatic, hydrostatic)
- Paint and coating requirements
- Welding Procedure Specifications
- Be able to work in elevated areas and confined spaces
- Be proficient in the use of measuring equipment and in reading manufacturing drawings, including weld diagram s and P&IDs
- Must be comfortable making quick decisions and working in a fast passed environment
- Poses excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Have exceptional time management abilities.